The Identifi Me app lets you prove your identity without exposing your identity documents to every business you interact with. The process is:
- Download the app and create an account.
- Verify your documents in the app and then use the app to verify your identity with businesses that use ShareRing.
Verifying your identity with Identifi Me lets you prove, for instance, that you are old enough to access an age restricted service or product without revealing anything else about your identity, such as your date of birth or physical address.
Download Identifi Me
Create your Account
After you have installed the app you need to create an account.
- Launch the app and choose Create New Account:
- Enter your email address.
- Click Get verification code.
- Enter the 4 digit verification we sent to you by email. Note, the verification codes expires after 3 minutes.
- Create a 6 digit PIN.
- Decide if you want to use the security features of your phone to access the app and follow the steps to activate these features.
You have now created your account and logged into the app.
Verify your ID
Now that you've created your account, it's time to add your documents to your vault and verify your identity. This is a one time process and once completed, you can verify your identity from the Identifi Me app without the original documents simply by scanning a QR code and approving the request for information.
Documents that you scan for verification never leave the encrypted vault inside the Identifi Me app.
So that no personal information is revealed when you verify your identity, an asynchronous unique hash (that cannot be reverse engineered) is generated from the information inside your vault and stored on the ShareLedger blockchain. The hash is used when ever you scan a request for information to verify your information has not been altered since the hash was created.
- From the app, select My Documents.
- Click Add a document:
- Select the country that issued the document.
- Follow the steps for the document type you selected.
- Record a three second selfie so a face liveness check and comparison with the photo in your ID can be completed.
- Review and confirm the information.
The information from your vault can now be used to verify you identity with businesses that use ShareRing, simply scan the QR code they provide and approve the request for information.
Record your Recovery Phrase
The recovery phase is a crucial element for the security of your vault app and is used to restore access to your information if you ever lose or upgrade your phone or need to reinstall the app.
To record your recovery phrase:
- Select the settings icon.
- Select View Recovery Phrase.
- Read and understand the documents linked on the next screen. Select the documents and click Continue.
- Complete the security check.
- View and record the recovery phase and store it in a safe place.
Do not share the recovery phrase with anybody. If you need to reinstall Identifi Me, you can use the recovery phrase to access your account.
Back up your Vault
The documents you scan and store in your vault are encrypted and never leave your device. If you lose or upgrade your phone, you will need to reinstall the Identifi Me app and re-add your documents to your vault. To make this easier, you can create an encrypted copy of your vault which can be imported into Identifi Me.
- Select the Settings icon from the app.
- Select Back Up Vault.
- Click Back up now.
Store the encrypted backup somewhere safe that you can access if you ever need it.